ISIS > ISIS News
16/06/2014 WEBINAR: Discover a Better Way with ISIS...
Aimed at new users of ISIS, our FREE 30 minute webinar on July 1st will introduce you to some of the capabilities within our industry-leading flood modelling software.
Over the past couple of months, we’ve taken you back to the 70s when ISIS was first developed and discussed the history of ISIS 1D. Now we’re introducing you to ISIS 2D! Many people believe it was first developed in 2009, whereas the underlying engine actually dates back to the 1980s.
Earlier this month, CH2M HILL exhibited and sponsored the Association of State Floodplain Managers conference at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, USA where over 1,200 flood management professionals attended.
ISIS, developed by CH2M HILL, provides more than 10,000 users with a flexible and cost-effective tool for understanding and managing the challenges associated with flood risk and floodplain management. It is widely used by governmental entities, consultants and research establishments throughout the world.
29/04/2014 Get ready for ISIS v4.0!
Since early 2013 the ISIS software team have eagerly been planning and working towards the next major release of ISIS, which will see some significant enhancements and innovations as well as some new solutions joining the ISIS family.
29/04/2014 Part 2: Evolution of ISIS: The 1D Solver
The one-dimensional engine at the heart of ISIS 1D has been in continuous development since 1975. It started out as a simple 'A to B' unsteady flow solver for single reaches of channel. The next major development included the addition of being able to simulate branched and looped channel networks with floodplains.
24/03/2014 Part 1: Evolution of ISIS: Back in the 70s!
ISIS was first developed in the 1970s as Halcrow's ONDA and HR Wallingford's FLUCOMP, LORIS and RIBAMAN software. There are a number of different types of software built into the ISIS code, but ONDA played a key role in its creation, which is why many of its functionalities remain today.
24/03/2014 ISIS 2D Effectively Models Storm Surge
Waveney District Council recently reported that their ISIS 2D coastal model which mapped flood risk for the town of Lowestoft from a storm surge in the North Sea was extremely accurate. Lowestoft is sited on the North Sea coast of England and is susceptible to storm surges.
The most recent development, provided as part of ISIS version 3.7 at no extra cost, is the ISIS-SWMM Link. It has been developed to combine the functionality provided within ISIS 1D and ISIS 2D with that of the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Storm Water Management Model (SWMM).
24/03/2014 Download the latest version of TUFLOW
The latest update to TUFLOW, 2013-12, provides a wide range of exciting new features, including a GPU module, new 1D structures and new output formats. Users with a valid CH2M HILL or BMT WBM technical support and software maintenance contract can upgrade to the latest release at no extra cost.
An early flood warning system typically monitors rainfall and water levels 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. During a flood, it allows emergency managers and other key responders to most effectively communicate a response and, if issued well before an event, enable people to protect property and infrastructure.
Probabilistic forecasts provide a range of possible forecast outcomes that indicate the probability or chance of a flood occurring.
20/02/2014 Why use ISIS for Flood Forecasting?
ISIS is currently used as a flood forecasting solution for government bodies in six countries. It is well-suited to flood-forecasting due to its short run times and model stability, whilst still retaining full hydrodynamic capability and extensive range of hydraulic structures.
We will be holding the ‘Flood Forecasting in Early Warning Systems’ webinar on 1st May 2014 at 10:00 (BST) and 13:00 (EDT). The free 30 minute webinar (20 minutes plus questions from the audience) will discuss the use of river models within early warning systems for flood forecasting. This webinar will be useful for those involved in development of early warning systems in which flood forecasting is a key component.
The industry leading ISIS 1D solver can be linked to BMT WBM's TUFLOW software, utilising the well established ISIS-TUFLOW-PIPE Link. As UK agents for TUFLOW, CH2M HILL can provide your preferred 1D-2D solution, including local technical support at no extra cost.
06/02/2014 TIP: Getting the Best out of ISIS
This month, we explain how to find out basic, yet critical, information about an ISIS model. This is important for new users, to give a brief overview of what the model contains.
We have introduced a more flexible pricing structure which is available in GBP, EURO and USD. We publish our prices so that you know what you will be paying today and tomorrow.
In December, Dr. Konrad Adams, lead developer for ISIS, introduced the new tools and features available (release notes) as part of ISIS v3.7.
06/02/2014 WEBINAR: Breach Modelling using ISIS
On Thursday 13th March we will be hosting the latest webinar which introduces Integrated 1D-2D Embankment/Levee Breach Modelling using ISIS. Breach modelling analysis assesses the velocity, rate of inundation and depth of flood water anticipated which can determine if a development is safe or not.
06/02/2014 Fluvial Flood Mapping using ISIS, Canada
A fluvial flood mapping study for the Grand River watershed, Southern Ontario, Canada was carried out using ISIS. The aim of the study was primarily to produce fluvial flood outlines and flood depths that can provide a better understanding of flood risk and property damages.
06/02/2014 Cotswold Canal Modelling using ISIS, England
ISIS 1D was used to support a four mile canal restoration project on the Cotswold Canals through Stroud. The software was applied to the section due to the complexities within the channel as it is designated "main river" and has three significant feeder streams, all of which are important ecological habitats.
ISIS News Headlines
- WEBINAR: Discover a Better Way with ISIS...
- Evolution of ISIS: Part 3: History of ISIS 2D
- Congratulations to Fairbanks North Star Borough, Alaska, USA
- Come and see us at the Association of State Floodplain Managers Conference
- Get ready for ISIS v4.0!
- Part 2: Evolution of ISIS: The 1D Solver
- Part 1: Evolution of ISIS: Back in the 70s!
- ISIS 2D Effectively Models Storm Surge
- ISIS-SWMM: integrated stormwater and pipe flow modelling
- Download the latest version of TUFLOW
- Flood Early Warning Systems – Protecting People, Property and Infrastructure
- Probabilistic (Ensemble) Forecasts – Making Decisions with Uncertain Forecasts
- Why use ISIS for Flood Forecasting?
- WEBINAR: Flood Forecasting in Early Warning Systems
- Integrated 1D-2D modelling using ISIS and TUFLOW
- TIP: Getting the Best out of ISIS
- New pricing and licensing structure, making it even more flexible
- Missed our last webinar? Visit our YouTube page to view the recording!
- WEBINAR: Breach Modelling using ISIS
- Fluvial Flood Mapping using ISIS, Canada
- Cotswold Canal Modelling using ISIS, England
- Breaking New Boundaries in Modelling Introducing ISIS Version 3.7...
- Tip of the Month! NEW for ISIS v3.7: Calibration File Editor
- Couldn't make our last webinar? Watch the recording today!
- Lowestoft Estuary Inception Modelling using ISIS 2D
- One-dimensional Hydraulic Modelling of the New River using ISIS 1D
- ISIS: Industry-leading software is updated and still FREE!
- Success! Annual ISIS user conference attracts record numbers
- TIP: Two-dimensional batch run modelling using ISIS 2D
- Solutions to solving problems with building and running ISIS models
- Success in latest UK benchmarking tests!
- To Infinity and Beyond ISIS FREE
- Welcome to the first TUFLOW newsletter
- Storm and Surface Water Management using ISIS
- Advanced ISIS Workshop – Last Chance to Book Your Place
- Scenario Analysis for Future Flood Management in the Taihu Basin, China
- Thinking Big: National Scale Flood Mapping
- Rapid Flood Inundation Mapping: Identifying Where Water Goes
- Modelling urban areas within Ontario, Canada
- Tip: tabulate cross section properties in 64-bit ISIS
- Integrated floodplain modelling using ISIS
- New email addresses for Support and Sales!
- Coming soon: what to expect in ISIS 3.7
- ISIS – bigger and better than ever before!
- ISIS results help reshape UK flood maps
- VIDEO: Sources of uncertainty in flood models
- Flood risk assessments using ISIS
- ISIS tip of the month: Double or single precision?
- ISIS User Conference and Advanced Workshop
- TUFLOW tip of the month: Utilising MapInfo GIS for TUFLOW modelling
- Advanced ISIS Workshop
- ISIS User Conference 2013
- FREE webinar: sources of model uncertainty
- Tip of the month: editing plot settings
- VIDEO: Modelling urban catchments and drainage systems using ISIS
- Modelling the River Têt and tributaries - France
- Would you like to save time and money on your projects?
- A standard format for channel survey data
- 50% off or buy one get 49 FREE – academic licences
- Can I export chainages & node labels from long section plot?
- Upcoming technical training courses
- Come and see us...
- Wetland inundation mapping, Australia
- Ever needed a simple and effective way to share flood extents?
- Webinar: Modelling Urban Catchments and Drainage Systems
- New to modelling or ISIS?
- Did you know that Halcrow is the UK agent for TUFLOW?
- Why do 96% of our customers take support and maintenance?
- Tip of the month: file comparison tool
- culverts, controls and tides
- Bristol City Council wins over £6,000 of software!
- ISIS prices frozen for 2013!
- ISIS developments - rapid expansion in 2012
- New interim release: ISIS v3.6.1
- Hydrolink flood modelling article
- 2013 flood risk management, modelling and mapping training courses
- Office of Public Works, Ireland
- Last chance to win over £6,000 of software!
- Free Webinar: Flood Risk Mapping in the Philippines
- Win over £6,000 of ISIS software!
- Better, faster and still free* - ISIS v3.6 has arrived!
- Plus performant, plus rapide et toujours gratuity : ISIS v3.6 vient-de-sortir !
- ejor, más rápido y con una versión gratuita* – ¡ISIS v3.6 ha llegado!
- Attend a Halcrow ISIS or TUFLOW training course for just 50p!
- Case study: local authority strategic flood risk assessment
- Video: Office of Public Works (Ireland) discuss how they use ISIS
- ISIS 2D speed improvement results - significant developments
- ISIS User Conference - presentations available to download
- SimHydro2012 conference – Nice, France
- Quantum GIS training - free, open source software
- Build integrated 1D-2D models using your existing 1D licence for FREE
- Solutions to Increase Modelling Productivity, Accuracy and Efficiency
- ISIS User Conference 2012 – Book your place now!
- New ISIS Modelling Made Easy Videos
- Free Webinar: Solutions to modelling complex river structures
- ISIS v3.6 - coming soon ...
- Standalone ISIS FAST proving popular!
- Managing tidal flood risk in London, UK
- March 'Introduction to ISIS' training course - 20% off!
- Flood forecasting and ISIS - a perfect combination
- TUFLOW modelling with Quantum GIS training course
- Solutions to Common Causes of Model Instability
- ISIS software prices frozen for 2012!
- Helen James discusses modelling flood and coastal risk
- Flood risk modelling case study: Siret River, Romania
- ISIS v3.5.1 released, including ISIS FAST free edition!
- Brand new ISIS-TUFLOW-PIPE Link - available now!
- Viewing WMS layers in ISIS Mapper
- ISIS 2D case study: Pilcomayo river basin, Argentina-Paraguay
- Improving the understanding of risk from canal breaches - British Waterways
- 2012 flood risk management and modelling course
- FREE ISIS Mapper online demonstration - book your place now!
- TUFLOW FV Workshop
- TUFLOW workshop led by Bill Syme and Philip Ryan from BMT WBM
- ISIS v3.5.1 interim release - coming soon!
- Textpad syntax file for TUFLOW
- Halcrow's ISIS software strengthens profile in the Americas
- ISIS User Conference - great success!
- ISIS online community registers its 5,000th user!
- ISIS User Conference 2011 - Reserve your place now!
- ISIS charity points
- Date for your diary - the annual ISIS User Conference
- ISIS FAST Demonstration
- ISIS contributes to Science Museum exhibit
- FREE online ISIS FAST demonstration - book your place now!
- ISIS FAST - It's coming soon!
- What to expect in ISIS v3.5
- ISIS FAST wins IAHR competition!
- HECTIC - a new FREE tool for converting HEC-RAS models to ISIS
- 2011 flood risk management and modelling training courses - book now!
- ISIS v3.4 is released - download now
- ISIS August Newsletter
- ISIS 2D Webex
- ISIS June Newsletter
- Environment Agency procures 2D Flood Modelling Software from Halcrow
- Halcrow presents ISIS to universities throughout the UK and across the world
- ISIS in GeoConnexion
- ISIS January Newsletter
- ISIS has joined Facebook
- ISIS users raise money for WaterAid and the Halcrow Foundation
- Flood Mapping, Version 4.0, History of ISIS 1D and More...
- ISIS-SWMM, Breach Modelling, Evolution of ISIS and More...
- Flood Early Warning Systems - Protecting People, Property and Infrastructure
- Webinars, Canal Modelling, Flood Mapping and More!
- ISIS v3.7 has arrived - invest with confidence!
- Excitement Builds, Benchmarking Success, FREE Webinar, Special Offers and More!
- Welcome to the first TUFLOW newsletter
- Modelling urban areas in Ontario, what to expect in ISIS v3.7 and more!
- ISIS 1D reshapes UK flood maps, webinar recording and more...
- ISIS FAST Technical Paper, Case Study, Video and More...
- Simple and effective way to share flood extents? Trial ISIS Viewer today!
- Webinar: Modelling Urban Catchments and Drainage Systems
- Price freeze, competition winner and more!
- ISIS v3.6.1 released, HydroLink article and more...
- Last chance to win £6,000 of software!
- Webinar: flood risk mapping in the Philippines
- ISIS 2D competition: two months remaining
- Win over £6,000 of software!
- Better, faster and still free - ISIS v3.6
- Plus performant, plus rapide, moins cher : ISIS v3.6
- Mejor, màs ràpido, más económico - ISIS v3.6
- ISIS 2D speed improvements
- Integrated 1D-2D modelling using ISIS
- ISIS User Conference 2012
- e-Learning with ISIS - let Halcrow help you!